- Hulo' = Up, above, on top of.
San- + hulo' => Sanhilo' = Above (preposition), (the) top of.
- Mo'na = Front, be first, in front of, forward.
San- + mo'na => Sanme'na = Front side of, front of.
- Hålom = In, into, inside, enter.
San- + hålom => Sanhalom = Inside, interior, internal, in, into.
- Hu po'lo i yabi-hu gi hilo' lamasa. = I put my keys on (top of) the table.
Hu po'lo i yabi-hu gi sanhilo' i lamasa. = I put my keys on (the) top of the table.
- Gaige i ga'-hu ga'lågu gi me'nan guma'. = My dog is in front of the house.
Gaige i ga'-hu ga'lågu gi sanme'nan guma'. = My dog is on the front part of the house. = My dog is in the front yard.
- Siña hao mañodda' pugas gi halom i tenda. = You can find rice in the store.
Siña hao mañodda' pugas gi sanhalom i tenda. = You can find rice (on the) inside (of) the store (as opposed to on the outside).
San- also follows the rules of vowel harmony. Meaning that in general you "pull back" the first vowel of the root word, i.e.: å to a, o to e, and u to i.