Hopefully these examples will clear up what I mean:
- Fa'tinas = Cook, make
Må- + fa'tinas => Måfa'tinas = Cooked, made
- Åligao = Search (for), look (for)
Må- + åligao => Må'åligao = Searched (for), looked (for)
- Sotta = Release
Må- + sotta => Måsotta = Released
- Li'e' = See
Må- + li'e' => Måli'e' = Seen
- Konne' = Take (living object)
Må- + konne' => Måkonne' = Taken
- Tuna = Bless, praise
Må- + tuna => Måtuna = Blessed, praised
- Ha fa'tinas i kaddo. = He cooks (did cook) the soup.
Måfa'tinas i kaddo. = The soup was cooked.
- Hu åligao si Juan. = I search (did search) for John.
Må'åligao si Juan. = John was searched for.
- Ma sotta i paluma. = They release (did release) the bird.
Måsotta i paluma. = The bird was released.
- Un li'e' i palao'an. = You see (did see) the woman.
Måli'e' i palao'an. = The woman was seen.